October 2, 2012

Ingrid's First Birthday




Here is Ingrid's first birthday party.  It was Princess and the Pea themed.  I wanted something fun and girlie, since this will most likely be my last first birthday party.  I really had fun with all the details.  We had it late morning and did a brunch, which seemed appropriate for a sleepy princess.  Hope you enjoy all the pictures!



The Little Princess

I love pinterest and spent a lot of time there trying to come up with ideas.  There were a lot of great ideas and it was hard to narrow it down.


I made ruffle cupcakes with a little sixlet candy for the pea.


I found an old high chair at goodwill and painted it to match the party.  I really loved the way it turned out.


The cake was also a ruffle cake.  I used a sixlet on it as well and put a little lace crown on top.


I took a dollar store candle and added buttons, jewels, paint, and glitter to make it a little more fit for a princess.


The kids table.  I covered a table in sheets and put a headboard behind it.


What's a Princess and the Pea Party without displaying the pea.

Brunch!

I made the cake table tablecloth to resemble stacked matresses.


Ingrid enjoyed her cake and her party!  It was such a blast.  Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment